Friday, November 23, 2007

With Deep Regret

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that i have to inform you all that my dad passed away at 8 pm last night (22nd november). He went very suddenly with my mum,sister and myself at his bedside and holding my hand. He is now at peace and out of pain and suffering,and he battled til the end...

I will post a notice as to when and where the funeral will be held as soon as it as confirmed on monday.....

He doesnt want anyone to mourn him , but to have a drink and celebrate his life and remember him ...........

My dad and I had a very close bond, and I will be lost without him, we were always there for each other no matter what...but it was heart-wrenching to see him suffering so much, at least now his suffering and pain is at an end.............
God Bless you Dad

FRAN xxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that it was kind of expected but I was so shocked and sad to hear about Griff.
It would have been good to have seen him again, but I'm so glad that I was able to spend some time with him 2 weeks ago, my last memory of him is of him sitting in his chair cracking jokes and smiling.
I didn't know Griff or his family for long, but have always been treat with much kindness and as a friend, and I think of them in the same way, Barbara,Fran and the rest of the family are very much in my thoughts right now.
Griff and I used to talk a great deal on MSN until he became too ill to sit there for a long time,we talked about many things, about common interests, and I used to enjoy listening to Griff reminisce about his life, and then sometimes all about the latest escapades of little Amber.
I am going to miss Griff very much, I grew very fond of him.
Rest in peace my friend.
Much love
Jill xxx

Anonymous said...

I raised a glass of bubbly with my wife last night and thought of John.

Like other nationalists who grew older John suffered at the hands of people who in earlier days had called themselves his comrade ... even friend. I personally will find it hard to forget the behaviour of these so-called nationalists who contributed to making the last year of his life miserable.

John

Graeme said...

Thanks to you all...
the funeral will be held at Huchcliffe wood crematorium, millhouses. on monday 3 dec at 3 pm
all welcome who knew my dad...