Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Back!

I’m back from my Scottish break and feeling fine.
Spent a bloody fortune on prezzies for folk but then again, I enjoyed chasing round looking for suitable souvenirs. I had some difficulty in getting a cairngorm for a friend but I managed to find one together with a falcon’s claw mounted in silver. These were very popular in Victorian times but I suppose fashions change over the years. Fortunately, there was no difficulty whatsoever in getting hold of some very decent single malt whisky.
We stopped overnight at three places on the way up to visit various areas but we came back in one day. It's a hell of a drive back from where we stay. It's around 400+ miles. We only stopped twice; once for a cuppa and once for a call of nature! Hopefully, we'll be going back up there in a few weeks.

No comments: